SSL Purchase and Installation
This guide lists the steps on how to purchase and install an SSL for a website as follows:
- Place an SSL order
- Generate a CSR(Certificate Signing Request)
- Configure the certificate in the Billing system
- Approve the Certificate Authority for validation
- Download the issued SSL certificate file
- Complete the certificate request (Windows-based Server Only)
- Apply the SSL to website
Here is the instruction on how to apply an SSL certificate for a website on Windows IIS.
To apply an SSL for a website, you have to have a .pfx file and its import password in hand.
- Download the win-acme zip package from https://github.com/PKISharp/win-acme/releases and extract it to the C disk.
- Generate SSL certificates on the powershell by running scripts.
- Open IIS and click on the automatically generated link.